Order Online Today!!!
Go to our online store and place your order!
Clear Water Tabs
Clear Water Tabs is a product that will help keep your water troughs cleaner. One regular jar contains 30 tablets. This is over a three months supply of tablets. The Trial Pack has 5 tablets in it, which will give you a one month supply.
The active ingredient in Clear Water Tabs is Dichloroisocyanurate acid, sodium salt or NADCC. NADCC is a bactericidal and algaecide agent that is widely used in the disinfection and sterilization of water. It is used on farms, in food processing plants and other public places.
Using Clear Water Tabs will decrease the buildup of algae. The algae is what turns your trough and water green. This will decrease the number of times you have to clean your troughs. Since you clean the troughs less often you will conserve water and time.
First clean your trough using ¼ cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water. Rinse thoroughly and fill with fresh water. Drop 1 Clear Water Tab in every 3-5 Days. One regular tablet is needed for 75-100-gallon water troughs. If you have a smaller trough, use ½ of a tablet, or use the Small Stuff Tablets. The Small Stuff tablet is great for 5 gallon buckets up to 25 gallon containers.
Sometimes a small amount of algae builds up due to excessive heat, increased water consumption, or delays in using Clear Water Tabs. If you have to top off your troughs more often due to increased water consumption you may need to increase the frequency of use. Clear Water Tabs acts as an algaecide causing the algae to die. The algae will turn brown and slough off the sides of the tub. The water might develop a brownish tinge. Trough water will become clear as the dead algae settles on the bottom.
Using a net will decrease the buildup of feed, hay, grass and leaves that accumulate in the bottom of the trough.
Clear Water Tabs also act as an insect repellent for mosquitoes, black flies and deer flies.
Same untreated trough 2 days after adding a tablet
Cleaning out a trough with algae
Clean and clear trough with tablet
There are some warnings:
- Keep the tablets out of the reach of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Limit contact with skin.
- Do not ingest the tablets
- Avoid breathing dust from the tablets.
- Do not mix with acid.
- Do not use with fish or fowl.
Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling the product.
First Aid Safety:
- If inhaled and you are having difficulty breathing move to fresh air. If difficulty breathing continues call 911 poison control or medical personnel to assist you.
- Contamination of skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water for 15-20 minutes.
- Contact in eyes. Hold eye open and flush with water for 15-20 minutes.
- If swallowed sip water, do not induce vomiting. Call 911, poison control (1-800-222-1222) or medical personnel to assist you.